Readers can not access Project Web Site page and PDP page with reporting service report viewer web part RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a Project site template that shows a reporting services report in the home page and another in the risks page using the default web part. When the user is the Project Manager, Team Member or Adminsitrador, he or she can access the pages and see its contents without any problem.

The Executives group from Project Server and also a SharePoint group has the Reader level. The users of this group can access the site, but when access the home page and the Risk page appears a message that you need to request an authorization to access the page. After authorization given they continue to access denied. I even raised their level to full control without success.

The same users can go to the PWA's BI Report page and see the same reports without any problem, so it is not an issue on these reports.

The Executives group has the Reader right at the PWA site collection and also at the Project sites based on this template. The template was created from a subsite of the PWA site collection and it is not associated to any project.

The same thing happens if I have a PDP page with the Reporting Service Report viewer web page.

We work with SharePoint 2013/Project Server 2013 with  Dez 2013 CU, two servers running on Windows 2008 R2 SP1 and one dedicated SQL Server 2012.

Any ideas on how to overcome this blocking access to pages with Reporting Service viewer web part?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

• Edited by R.Segawa Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:08 PM
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Maicco,

Thank you for your reply.

I discover the cause of this behavior after the help of a SharePoint consultant.

We have public and internal SSRS reports, beeing the last reports for use using parameters from URL or some other advanced interface and we separated them in a different folder under Sample Reports folder.

Normally when you create a new folder at the Sample Reports where we mapped in the Excel Services and Secure Store Services to consider this folder and subfolders as trusted file locations, this really happens.

Unfortunately the new folder for internal SSRS reports had exclusive rights, which was set by someone and caused this behavior.

Once we set this folder to inherit the security profile from Sample Reports folder the users could access the reports again.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:42 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:41 PM

All replies

• Segawa, try to create a new webparts page at the /pwa and then add the reports there. Give direct permission and see if it works. I would gradually add the sjhrepoint groups and after the project server groups.

Let me know the results.

Cheers

Monday, April 7, 2014 6:03 PM
  • Hi Maicco,

Thank you for your reply.

I discover the cause of this behavior after the help of a SharePoint consultant.

We have public and internal SSRS reports, beeing the last reports for use using parameters from URL or some other advanced interface and we separated them in a different folder under Sample Reports folder.

Normally when you create a new folder at the Sample Reports where we mapped in the Excel Services and Secure Store Services to consider this folder and subfolders as trusted file locations, this really happens.

Unfortunately the new folder for internal SSRS reports had exclusive rights, which was set by someone and caused this behavior.

Once we set this folder to inherit the security profile from Sample Reports folder the users could access the reports again.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:42 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:41 PM