how to automate service level and cases in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an requirement of dealing with cases on the basis of various service levels, how do i achieve this in CRM 2011 on premise version.

There are three different types of Service levels and each have various tasks and I am not sure how do i achieve those. below is the detail.

1. Standard

- Support 9 - 5  Mon - Fri

-8 Hours response time and 16 hours for techinical issues - reminder need to be set for every 6 hours to allocated agent if they have not updated or performed any activities on that task.

If the case is not resolved in 8 hours than every 4 hours customer has to be communicated, which means an agent need to recieve a continuous email until any update has been made on the case, until the case resolved or closed the timer is continuouly running.

2 - Extended Level

- Support 8 - 8  Mon - Sat

-4 Hours response time and 8 hours for techinical issues - reminder need to be set for every 3 hours to allocated agent if they have not updated or performed any activities on that task.

If the case is not resolved in 8 hours than every 2 hours customer has to be communicated, which means an agent need to recieve a continuous email until any update has been made on the case, until the case resolved or closed the timer is continuouly running.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fayz!

Fkhoja

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:42 PM

Answers

• The primary issue with using Out-of-Box workflows is you will have to repeat the event, thus cascading into a potential loop. And your fear of slow down can become a reality when trying to maintain this on a high volume of records. I have had to do something similar, IE monitoring aging data, and initiating events from non-activity. Although its not perfect, it did accomplish what i needed without writing custom code (and perhaps a better solution than most custom code options). I will state, its not to the minute, i set mine up to be as accurate as 30 minutes.

First, ask yourself if the notification CRM sends out, needs to remain in CRM. If not, then you can use the email activity, else we will need to use another record (like task). For this example, i will assume you want to keep the email.

Second, write a workflow on a task (you can use the email activity, if you dont need to maintain it). The workflow, needs to create the email activity, and a new task record (if you arent deleting emails). To ensure proper use of this task, start the workflow off with a condition check, and set the appropriate settings on the task to meet that condition (name might be good enough). Set up some conditionals to properly set the due date to when the task should be due (include hours of operation, and weekend day skipping). Also have the condition check that the incident has not be resolved.

Third, set up a bulk delete job checking tasks due now (ensure you use the same settings so you only delete those generated by this process). The bad partof this, is you need to setup the same job each interval you want it to run, IE 30 minutes in my case. You can have the job repeat daily, so just run on the intervals. All the real logic should be in the workflows. So if you need to run 8-8 that would be 25 processes.

Lastly, you need a workflow on creation of incident and/or status change/reassignment to call the workflow above to generate the initial task.

Again, there is no simple solution, but this will pull the timing event to a single place and allow a per instance workflow to trigger. Other than writing an app that called into crm, this was the best i could come up with. Even if this doesnt solve your issue, maybe it will lead you down a solution path.

Thanks!

-Tony

• Edited by Tony Latta Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fkhoja Friday, February 17, 2012 10:10 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:33 PM
  • Thank Tony!

This actually makes sense and coudl be helpful, i am still not clear how i will achieve this but will give that  a thought as I am not sure how to work with IE monitoring and aging data thing you have talked about.

Rest of the things are actually correct like sending emails and etc.

Thanks again

Fayz

Fkhoja

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:56 AM

All replies

• you can configure a workflow rule to achieve it.

daemon lin

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:03 PM
  • Hi Daemon

I know it requires workflow but the problem is as per the requirements there will be plenty of waiting state workflows which could make system slower.

Also how will I achieve the number of hours and rest ?

Thanks

Fayz

Fkhoja

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 2:58 PM
  • maybe you can consider using the child workflow.

daemon lin

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:07 PM
  • The primary issue with using Out-of-Box workflows is you will have to repeat the event, thus cascading into a potential loop. And your fear of slow down can become a reality when trying to maintain this on a high volume of records. I have had to do something similar, IE monitoring aging data, and initiating events from non-activity. Although its not perfect, it did accomplish what i needed without writing custom code (and perhaps a better solution than most custom code options). I will state, its not to the minute, i set mine up to be as accurate as 30 minutes.

First, ask yourself if the notification CRM sends out, needs to remain in CRM. If not, then you can use the email activity, else we will need to use another record (like task). For this example, i will assume you want to keep the email.

Second, write a workflow on a task (you can use the email activity, if you dont need to maintain it). The workflow, needs to create the email activity, and a new task record (if you arent deleting emails). To ensure proper use of this task, start the workflow off with a condition check, and set the appropriate settings on the task to meet that condition (name might be good enough). Set up some conditionals to properly set the due date to when the task should be due (include hours of operation, and weekend day skipping). Also have the condition check that the incident has not be resolved.

Third, set up a bulk delete job checking tasks due now (ensure you use the same settings so you only delete those generated by this process). The bad partof this, is you need to setup the same job each interval you want it to run, IE 30 minutes in my case. You can have the job repeat daily, so just run on the intervals. All the real logic should be in the workflows. So if you need to run 8-8 that would be 25 processes.

Lastly, you need a workflow on creation of incident and/or status change/reassignment to call the workflow above to generate the initial task.

Again, there is no simple solution, but this will pull the timing event to a single place and allow a per instance workflow to trigger. Other than writing an app that called into crm, this was the best i could come up with. Even if this doesnt solve your issue, maybe it will lead you down a solution path.

Thanks!

-Tony

• Edited by Tony Latta Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:33 PM
  • Thank Tony!

This actually makes sense and coudl be helpful, i am still not clear how i will achieve this but will give that  a thought as I am not sure how to work with IE monitoring and aging data thing you have talked about.

Rest of the things are actually correct like sending emails and etc.

Thanks again

Fayz

Fkhoja

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:56 AM