none
I have a dumb question RRS feed

• Question

• I know this is a dumb question but i have to ask it before i start messing around and create more work for myself. I have a laptop that is part of an SBS 2008 domain. I would like to back it up to my WHS inorder for me to rebuild it easier should the need arise. also i would like to sync my  docs folder to the server as i do with my home pc. My question is if i install the connector on the laptop will it work or will it cause issues with the laptp connecting to the domain.
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:33 PM

Answers

• I know this is a dumb question but i have to ask it before i start messing around and create more work for myself. I have a laptop that is part of an SBS 2008 domain. I would like to back it up to my WHS inorder for me to rebuild it easier should the need arise. also i would like to sync my  docs folder to the server as i do with my home pc. My question is if i install the connector on the laptop will it work or will it cause issues with the laptp connecting to the domain.

It should work.  A client can be part of a domain and still be backed up to WHS.
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 5:24 PM

All replies

It should work.  A client can be part of a domain and still be backed up to WHS.
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 5:24 PM
  • I have a laptop connected to a domain (at work) and WHS backs it up fine (at home).

Sunday, July 12, 2009 12:31 AM