Is crmsvcutil.exe deprecated as well after the announcement of deprecation of 2011 organization service SOAP endpoint. RRS feed

• Question

• Since the Microsoft announcement of the deprecation of 2011 Organization Service SOAP endpoint, we have been doing research into how we should be writing code to work with Web API.

A lot of Microsoft white papers on Internet still haven’t been updated and only apply to CRM 2016 update and on premise versions, so I couldn’t find an answer.

My question is around the early bound entity classes generated using the crmsvcutil.exe tool. This tool connects to the 2011 organization service SOAP endpoint to generate the entity class. If this endpoint is removed in the next major version of CRM, should we still use it for CRM 2016 Update 1 development?

I can’t find anything saying this tool will be deprecated or will be re-coded to use the Web API instead. We don’t want to use this tool if it is no longer supported in the future, because we can’t update the entity class code once the 2011 SOAP endpoint is removed. But that also mean that we can’t use early bound typed objects in our plugin code …

Do you know what the expectation from Microsoft around this would be?

Thanks!

Ken

Friday, July 1, 2016 9:02 AM