Cannot Download Vail Beta Individually or with FTM - Server Reset Error usding IE 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot download the Vail Beta individually or with FTM... 

I recieve a Server Reset Error and the DL terminates.

Is this a temporary Server overload...

I am using the 64 Bit IE8, Win 7 Pro, Intel Q6600 Duo Quad Core CPU, 8GB Corsair RAM, Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6, 8800GT EVGA Card, 1000W PSU and 12 TB HDD......

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:01 PM

Answers

• JK

I finally got it by individually downloading each file...

I downloaded the two larger files on two separate nights while I was sleeping (After 1:00 AM)..... I live on the East Coast of the US (EST)

Even the two smaller files wouldn't download until around 8:00 PM my time....

Looks like the MS Servers are overloaded.....

Try that .... hope it will work for you.....

Eagle4Z

Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:16 PM

All replies

• I am having the same problem.  Haven't been able to download all day.  Pretty bummed since my hardware for my new server arrived this morning and I can't install.
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:46 PM
  • JK

I finally got it by individually downloading each file...

I downloaded the two larger files on two separate nights while I was sleeping (After 1:00 AM)..... I live on the East Coast of the US (EST)

Even the two smaller files wouldn't download until around 8:00 PM my time....

Looks like the MS Servers are overloaded.....

Try that .... hope it will work for you.....

Eagle4Z

Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:16 PM
  • I did finally manage to download the install.iso after forever and tried installing Vail yesterday on a new build.  No success.  Got to the point where it would reboot then give an error message saying "try reinstalling vail from dvd".  Now I wonder if my download was somehow corrupt.  Trying to download again - let it go overnight and still no luck.
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 5:59 PM