Lots of problems with new WHS 2011 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -

I recently purchased a WHS 2011 server from a UK manufacturer but have been experiencing multiple problems, all seem to be software related. Here are the issues, please help if you have any suggestions:

Windows Update: Several updates fail every time, they are:

Update Rollup for WHS 2011 (KB2554634) - error code 8007065E

Update for MS .NET Framework 4 (KB2533523) - error code 643

Security Update for MS.Net Framework 4 (KB2539636) - error code 66A

Cumulative Security Update for IE 9 (KB2586448) - error code 8007065E

Also, when copying files onto the server itself I am having a repeating problem actually getting the copy process to work.

I keep getting an I/O error 0x8007045D. This happens every time I try to copy large file format over such as my music or photo libraries. I don't believe its the network as I can copy the same files over to other computers in my home network.

I have been using WHS since 2007 but it all went haywire when I upgraded the software to v.3. I was hoping WHS 2011 

would make all the headaches go away...I guess I was wrong. Any help would be appreciated!

Sunday, November 6, 2011 4:26 PM

All replies

• I would refer to technical support from your system supplier.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 6:19 PM
  • Check to see if the manufacture had not installed a antivirus or internet security software that might be blocking, windows from updating. There in no third party internet security that I know of yet? seems all attempts to install have very different results. One other thing make sure the bios and computer, date and time are both correct. I know it sounds wack but trust me seen it a lot. The battery goes dead and bios resets to default date, causing update problems
    Monday, November 7, 2011 1:07 AM
  • I have a request into the manufacturer technical but until they respond, are there any other thoughts? 

Also, time & date are correct; there is no internet/ antivirus installed (should there be?); and I can only assume the Bios is correct since it just came from the manufacturer - all new box.

Also, I did notice that I'm getting alot of atapi errors - about 300 per 24hrs - "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0."

Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:09 PM
  • "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0."
    Hard drive or motherboard failure. Motherboard is more likely for this particular error.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:23 AM