drive removal wizard locks in pp1 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone else encountered this?  I needed to remove 3 drives for upgrate to TB drives and the wizard locks under pp1.  Reverting back to non pp1 seems to work.  Not sure if my install is at fault or not.  Could someone confirm?

Thanks!
    Saturday, July 19, 2008 4:34 PM

Answers

• Are you using WHS Disk Management? If so, make sure to upgrade to the latest version that supports PP1 (currently 1.0.9.5) - I fixed an issue that could cause the remove disk wizard on the Server Storage tab to appear to lock up.

http://www.tentaclesoftware.com/WHSDiskManagement/

Saturday, July 19, 2008 8:17 PM

All replies

• I haven't had that issue (and I have done several drive removals under PP1), but could you submit a bug report on Connect, with server talq logs? Thanks!
    Saturday, July 19, 2008 4:45 PM
  • Have had no problems when removing drives in 2 different PP1 installations.

Please submit a bug report to Connect as Ken suggested?

Saturday, July 19, 2008 7:13 PM
  • Are you using WHS Disk Management? If so, make sure to upgrade to the latest version that supports PP1 (currently 1.0.9.5) - I fixed an issue that could cause the remove disk wizard on the Server Storage tab to appear to lock up.

http://www.tentaclesoftware.com/WHSDiskManagement/

Saturday, July 19, 2008 8:17 PM
  • That was it!  Thanks... another question:  will that same version work with the pp1 rtm released today?
    Monday, July 21, 2008 7:53 PM
  • Yes, 1.0.9.5 should be fine with PP1 RTM.

Disclaimer, though: While I haven't had any bugs reported for a couple of weeks now, PP1 support in Disk Management is still officially in beta.

Monday, July 21, 2008 8:04 PM
  • Great to here this! Any reporting done on the HP MediaSmart with PP1?
    As soon as I have finished my current tests I will have a look at v1.0.9.5 beta.

Monday, July 21, 2008 9:57 PM
  • We have a number of testers using MediaSmart servers; they haven't reported any issues.

Monday, July 21, 2008 10:44 PM