none
Can you increase the request size for the forums please

Question

• My browsing across the various Microsoft properties means that by the time I get to the forums I've collected in excess of 100 cookies that get submitted with each request. I tried posting a short response to a question and was greeted by a big yellow box telling me that the request was too big. I opened up Fiddler, and each request is 16k before any content I'm actually submitting. Obviously there's two ways round this:

1. Improve cookie management (Scope the cookies so that they only get sent to the relevant domains or set shorter expiry dates so I'm not waiting until 2099 for some of them to expire)
    2. Increase the request size to bigger than 16k so that those of us that use a lot of Microsoft stuff (or spend a lot of time on the site) don't get punished for it :)
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please post the exact text of the error message you receive and what you're doing when you get it. I'm also here a lot and never run in to what you're describing.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:55 PM
  • I also am here a lot, and often have a lot of Windows open on Microsoft pages, but I have never seen this error.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:50 PM
  • I saw 2 instances of it. One was on a GET request and it was just the standard IIS message for the error, and the other version was in a big yellow box underneath the message (attached a screenshot)

Friday, December 11, 2015 10:39 AM
  • You can send the details to fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com or possibly ask over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-Us/home?forum=ieitprocurrentver

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, December 11, 2015 2:18 PM
  • Quick adjustment - the email address is fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com.

Monday, December 14, 2015 1:28 PM