Photo Sharing Software RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been looking for some photo sharing software to install on WHS.
    I know there is Whiist out there, but it doesn't allow nice and easy downloads of pictures from the gallery.
    Is there anything available which is similar to photo sharing software provided on HP MediaSmart Server ?
    I want my friends and relatives to be able not only browse my pictures online, but also be able to select which
    ones they want and download them at once in full resolution. Any ideas ?

Thank you,
    Andrew

Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:05 PM

Answers

• Look at WebGuide, it may not be perfect at this point in it's development, but, it will allow the sharing you want, I use it in conjuction with Whiist for more options

WebGuide lets someone sign in, access video, music and photos shares, and, in theory stream video, music, download photos, it does not create galleries like Whiilst, at this point, but, that would be great

Any other suggestions? They type of use/application is a great reason to run a WHS

Friday, January 25, 2008 12:01 AM
  • The minor release of Windows Home Server - Power Pack 1 - will provide viewing of thumbnails and only show remote users the Shared Folders tab - as an option when creating / editing user properties. 

You will need to create a username / password for this to work.

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:31 AM
  • Thank you guys for your information.

WebGuide looks nice. Unfortunately it does not solve my main goal -

how to allow visitors download many pictures at once. So far the best

solution I've seen is photo sharing that comes preinstalled with HP MediaSmart server.

Can't find anything similar.

Andrew

Friday, January 25, 2008 3:03 AM

All replies

• Look at WebGuide, it may not be perfect at this point in it's development, but, it will allow the sharing you want, I use it in conjuction with Whiist for more options

WebGuide lets someone sign in, access video, music and photos shares, and, in theory stream video, music, download photos, it does not create galleries like Whiilst, at this point, but, that would be great

Any other suggestions? They type of use/application is a great reason to run a WHS

Friday, January 25, 2008 12:01 AM
  • The minor release of Windows Home Server - Power Pack 1 - will provide viewing of thumbnails and only show remote users the Shared Folders tab - as an option when creating / editing user properties. 

You will need to create a username / password for this to work.

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:31 AM
  • Sounds great, this is the perfect direct to take the WHS remote access, when should we expect this release?

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:36 AM
  • Thank you guys for your information.

WebGuide looks nice. Unfortunately it does not solve my main goal -

how to allow visitors download many pictures at once. So far the best

solution I've seen is photo sharing that comes preinstalled with HP MediaSmart server.

Can't find anything similar.

Andrew

Friday, January 25, 2008 3:03 AM