none
upgrade from win 10 to win 12r

Answers

• Hi,

first of all: This forum covers microsoft trainings and certifications only. I understood that you are wondering if you could upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2? And if you want to do that. This seems to be off topic in here.

In general: Windows 10 is a desktop operating system and Windows Server 2012 R2 is for servers. So normaly it is quite easy to see what you might want to use.

I do not know of an upgrade procedure - when you have Windows 10 on a system and you want windows server 2012 (R2) installed, then I would suggest a clean install.

If you want to switch from Windows 10 to Windows Server 2012? if you do not know good reasons, then it is quite likely that you do not want to do that. One important point is the license. You might have a Windows License and with the free upgrade to Windows 10 you might own a windows 10 license. But Windows Server is something completly different so you might not have a license for it. The next important point is targeting the use and hardware. Without knowing what you are doing, it is quite hard to suggest if you should do it or not. But it is very likely that you do not want it. A Server only makes sense together with clients and setting up a whole network is more complex than simply using Windows. And right now it seems that this could be to complex for you (Sorry, not meant as an offense!).

With kind regards,

Konrad

Saturday, July 30, 2016 8:41 PM
    Answerer