backup RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know which is the best file to backup to if i do not have an external hard drive, yet? Should I wait to get an external hard drive and then backup files? Basically, where should I backup files on my computer- e.i. My documents or cancel feature until I can purchase the external hard drive. I do not want smart sticks or anything like that. I want one thing that I can backup files to without having many disks or anything like that.

Thank You
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:37 PM

Answers

• If you are planning to purchase an external drive I would wait until you get the drive before backing up your files.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:46 PM

All replies

• If you are planning to purchase an external drive I would wait until you get the drive before backing up your files.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:46 PM
  • I will add that if you have never backed up at all with any program, you may want to consider configuring a backup of those files most important to you and using DVD or CD as the destination. Or, easier, using WIndows Explorer copy the important documents to a blank disc and let Windows burn the files to disc. That we you have a copy of the files in the event of an unforeseen problem.

-steve

Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:31 PM