Computer trying to access y.exy file RRS feed

• General discussion

• Yesterday while logged onto my laptop, I got a popup that windows was trying to access a filed called y.exy. I denied access as I didn't recognize it as anything I'd initiated.  
    Now every time I log onto my laptop, the same window pops up saying windows cannot access the file & giving me the option of either using web service to find the correct
    program or selecting from a program on my computer. I recently discovered that I had a trojan virus on my computer called Artemis. During same time period, my Facebook account was hacked into. However, I didn't find any evidence of any other
    accounts being compromised. Wondering if these issues are somehow connected.. 
    So far it seems that the programs on my computer are working except IE is now running extremely sluggishly and when I attempt to uninstall & reinstall it, it is not listed in the list of installed programs on my computer?
    Virus was supposedly cleaned up via McAfee. Is y.exy some type of virus, spyware, etc? How do I get rid of it and/or the error msg that keeps popping up?
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Monday, September 7, 2009 9:21 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Monday, September 7, 2009 9:21 PM Off topic. (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Monday, September 7, 2009 6:24 PM

All replies