none
Blockquote Function Formats EVERYTHING into Blockquote...

Question

• Hi,
    When trying to format text as blockquotes, I'm not able to select certain text to blockquote; instead, the whole post is formatted as one giant blockquote.  Any suggestions on how to only have the highlighted (or even just, the text I type after pressing the blockquote button) format as blockquote without everything else?

Thanks!
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:50 AM

All replies

• Is your whole post a single paragraph? Blockquote applies to the selected paragraph(s). If you're seeing it apply to paragraphs that aren't even selected, let us know...
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:03 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Joe, thanks for responding to my question.

It's applying to EVERYthing, regardless of where the cursor is, or what is highlighted.  The entire post becomes italized and shaded.  I am using a blogger template that includes block quote formatting, but I wouldn't think that would matter to the local Windows Live Writer editor--and this problem occurs locally on the computer, regardless of whether I'm previewing or editing or just writing in the program.

Thanks for any help!
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:26 PM
  • PS - the whole post is several paragraphs, not just one.  This also occurs to different posts, not just a single post.  Thanks!
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:27 PM
  • Can you see if it's just related to your blog theme, by turning off themed editing (View | Edit using theme) and see if the problem still occurs? Thanks.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:08 PM
    Owner