Portfolio View - Problem with Annual Return Column RRS feed

• Question

• I have to admit that this is not a major problem like being locked out of your Money program, but I would like to find a solution if there is one.

I am running Microsoft Money 2007 and Windows 7.

In Portfolio view, Performance, I have a customized report set up.  One of the columns is a column for Annual Return (Ann. ret. - Annualized return on your investment).

All stocks and mutual funds work for this Annual Return column except for one mutual fund.  I have had this mutual fund since the late 1980's and it has a lot of transactions.  For this mutual fund, the Average Annual Return is listed as NA.   Because of this NA entry, the Average Annual Return for all my holdings is NA for the Portfolio view.

In the Reports / Investment section, I can create a report which contains this problem mutual fund and the Annual Return column works if I specify a more recent date. I was trying to trouble-shoot this issue and I found that the report of Annual Return worked (returned a rate of around 7%) for a report start date of in the month of June, 1988, but if I changed the report start date to the previous day, the report did not work for Annual Return and the Annual Return was reported as 0%.   Any report start date before this also returned the 0% Annual Return. 

I did not have any account transactions for this account on these two consecutive days which the report works/doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong or a possible fix?   Thanks.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:04 PM

All replies

• I have a similar problem with one stock. I have not found a fix, even though I tried various things as you did.

One thing I did not try is to export the account to QIF, edit to remove all transactions except those for the one security, Delete every transaction for the security, delete the symbol from the security,  rename that security to ZZZZ, create a new security, and import the stripped-down QIF file. All custom lot selection would be lost. For a mutual fund, you may not care about that.

Monday, April 22, 2013 6:01 PM