How to configure MS Webbrowser Control to open a new session for each call through a registry key (Internet Feature Control Key)? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to have isolated sessions for each call of a webbrowser control within a specific desktop application that embedds microssoft webbrowser control?

This is possible for Internet explorer by command line parameter "-nosessionmerging" or a Registry-Key "sessionmerging=0"  (HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Internet Explorer > Main >>>   "SessionMerging - (DWORD) 00000000" ... https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh826025(v=vs.85).aspx) . But unfortunately this settings does not take effect for webbrowser control embedded in a specific desktop application.

• Moved by Just Karl Monday, November 7, 2016 8:04 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is for discussions and questions regarding profiles and Microsoft's recognition system on the MSDN and TechNet sites. It is not for products/technologies.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, November 7, 2016 7:52 PM
  • Hello,

Please ask in the proper language forum in the Visual Studio Languages forums on MSDN.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, November 7, 2016 8:03 PM