CRM 4.0 and CRM 2011 SSRS connector co-existing RRS feed

• Question

• We have SQL server on a seperate box to CRM and make use of the SSRS data connector.

CRM 4.0 database, including Reportserver for CRM 4.0, are on one instance and CRM 2011 database, including Reportserver for CRM 2011, are on another instance.

Therefore, can SSRS connector for CRM 4.0 co-exist with SSRS connector for CRM 2011 on the same server?

Marc Collins www.QGate.co.uk
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 11:49 AM

Answers

• I haven't tried this, but I am going to say I doubt it as I think there would be some config file conflicts and what not. 

I don't think it would work to use the same database server in general as the config databases would have the same name for 2011 and 4.0.

I think you need another instance of your report server somewhere else. I would use what ever database server you are using for your respective 4.0 for the 4.0 SSRS and the db server for 2011 as your ssrs for 2011.

Jamie Miley
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:40 PM

All replies

• I haven't tried this, but I am going to say I doubt it as I think there would be some config file conflicts and what not. 

I don't think it would work to use the same database server in general as the config databases would have the same name for 2011 and 4.0.

I think you need another instance of your report server somewhere else. I would use what ever database server you are using for your respective 4.0 for the 4.0 SSRS and the db server for 2011 as your ssrs for 2011.

Jamie Miley
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Hi Jamie

I suspect that you are right. I can imagine there being a whole load of issues with it. I guess I will need to setup a test envirnment to see what would happen before I make the move.

In relation to your other point, we have multple Reportservers configured on our SQL server (one per instance) so I am assuming that this will be supported.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:11 PM
  • Shouldn't be a problem with multiple instances.  I think you will be good to go.
    Jamie Miley
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:09 PM
  • Thanks for your input

Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:08 PM