photos and SMS RRS feed

• Question

• I really enjoy my HTC mogul, but I am extremely disappointed in the fact there is no option to send photos via SMS txt.
    typing in a phone number is much quicker that pulling out the keyboard and navigating through it, or even using the touch keypad..just to send email. I do love the larger screen and the qwerty  keyboard... but the fact I can not send photos through sms may make me consider another device. and since I still have 27 days on my exchange policy, I am hoping an update will fix the issue before I send it back.
    Also to add there is no option for sprint music because of the windows media. I have not yet figured out how to play the music I have downloaded from sprint, in media player. but then again, i first downloaded music 2 days ago. so hopefully I wil be able to find the trick

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 11:13 PM

All replies

• If you are going to send pictures, then you want to send via MMS.  Sending SMS will only send text input.

As for your music files, can you find them on your device using File Explorer?  If you click on it, it should play in Media Player.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 12:52 AM
  • Does windows have an update or patch that allows you send pics via MMS?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:18 PM
  • The problem isn't the device but the cellular provider.  Sprint uses a non standard way to deliver mms to the mogul.  It's been this way for years and sprint constantly blames Windows Mobile not supporting mms correctly but that's bull. The same device operating on another carrier with the correct mms implementation will work.   Basically it boils down to Sprint using non standard mms transport for Windows Mobile devices.  Other devices on Sprint's network work fine with mms but their Windows Mobile line doesn't.  Unfortunately I don't know if/when they will ever support it, maybe on their next Windows Mobile lineup.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:42 PM