Duplicate Rule and Import Map RRS feed

• Question

• I'm merging two organizations.  I started by looking for differences in the StringMap table for picklist differences.  I came up with a stack of them for the entities DuplicateRule (baseentitytypecode & matchingentitytypecode attributes) and ImportMap (targetentity).

Can someone confirm that these are system entries; that once the entities are imported these picklists will match.

Will I have to rebuild the duplicate detection rules from the secondary organization because the picklist values will be different?

Monday, May 3, 2010 4:46 PM

Answers

• Greetings,

Yes, you are correct, these picklists contain the lists of entities in the system and should be updated once you import customizations. I believe the picklists id's for the values in these picklists should be the Object Type Codes of the entities and the text should be the entity Display Name.  I would import customizations in your target system and verify that they match. The only possible issue could be if new Object Type Codes are generated during the import process because you are already using the existing object type codes for other custom entities in the target system. To determine that, I would check the ObjectTypeCode in the MetadataSchema.Entity table and focus on ObjectTypeCodes greater than 10,000, which are used for custom entities. All out of the box entities will have matching object type codes. Do you have Duplicate Detection Rules for custom entities?

Good Luck,

Ivan Kurtev

Green Beacon Solutions

• Marked as answer by mardukes Tuesday, May 4, 2010 4:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:35 AM

All replies

• Greetings,

Yes, you are correct, these picklists contain the lists of entities in the system and should be updated once you import customizations. I believe the picklists id's for the values in these picklists should be the Object Type Codes of the entities and the text should be the entity Display Name.  I would import customizations in your target system and verify that they match. The only possible issue could be if new Object Type Codes are generated during the import process because you are already using the existing object type codes for other custom entities in the target system. To determine that, I would check the ObjectTypeCode in the MetadataSchema.Entity table and focus on ObjectTypeCodes greater than 10,000, which are used for custom entities. All out of the box entities will have matching object type codes. Do you have Duplicate Detection Rules for custom entities?

Good Luck,

Ivan Kurtev

Green Beacon Solutions

• Marked as answer by mardukes Tuesday, May 4, 2010 4:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:35 AM
  • The good news is that there are no duplicate detection rules so there is nothing to change.
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 4:22 PM