none
How to configure different domain users into Azure DevOps server 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We configured Azure DevOps server 2019 in the Azure cloud Server and now we trying to add users to the Azure devOps security groups. But the user names are not getting populated in the Add User window. Due to this issue we are not able to add users to the Azure DevOps.

Could you please guide us why the users are not populating in the Add User Window.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Mahipal Reddy.

Thursday, August 6, 2020 10:20 AM

All replies

• In this quickstart, learn how to add users to a project or specific team. For anyone to access a project, they must be added to one of the default security groups or a custom group. Usually you add them to the Contributors group. For a quick look at what permissions are assigned to the default groups, see Permissions and access.

Important

If you're adding users to an organization in Azure Services and you don't use Azure AD, then you need to first add their "personal" Microsoft accounts to your organization or project.

Once you've added a user to an organization or project, their user identity becomes searchable from an identity field, such as the Assigned To field, or from the security and permission dialogs. After you've added them to one project or team, you can add them to additional projects or teams using the procedures provided in this article. For more information about managing users and organization access, see Add organization users for Azure DevOps.

The easiest way to add a number of users to a project is to add groups defined in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) or Active Directory (AD).

Prerequisites
    You can add users to a project or team, add projects to organizations, and add teams to projects.

You must have an organization and project. If you don't have a project yet, create one.
    To add users to an organization, you must be a member of the Project Collection Administrators group. Organization owners are automatically members of this group.
    To add users to a project, you must be a member of the Project Administrators or Project Collection Administrators groups. Any new users added to a project are automatically added to the organization.
    To add users to a team, you must be a Team Administrator, or you must be a member of one of the administrative groups. Any new users added to a team are automatically added to the organization.
    The ability of Team Administrators to add new users (who are not already in the organization) to their team is managed by the user policy: Allow team and project administrators to invite new users. Project Collection Administrators can add users whether this policy is on or off. For more information, see Restrict invitations from Project and Team Administrators. For an overview of the methods supported for adding users to an organization, see About organization management, Add and manage user access.
    Once users have been added to a project, you can browse for their display name or user name (email alias). Also, you can add them to a specific team. To add a team, see Add a team.
    Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:53 PM
  • Hi Max,

Thank you for your reply.

This answer is matching with the Azure DevOps Services(Online), but I am working with Azure DevOps Server 2019(OnPremise) version. Here I am getting issues when I am trying to add new user to the security group. Have tried at Project level and Collection level.

Here I am adding users from Windows AD, but the issue here is the user I am adding from different domain where the Azure DevOps server is installed.

Just want to know here is how to configure different domain(WAD) in Azure DevOps server 2019. 

Please let me know if you need more information.

Friday, August 7, 2020 5:01 AM