Windows Server 2003 Licenses RRS feed

• Question

•  

So I hopped on my server one day and saw that we had more users than licenses, and it wanted us to purchase more CALs.  So I follow through the menus, see on "Server Browser" that we have reached 21 users, but only have 20 licenses.  So I click a couple of things and all of the sudden I have bought 5 more licenses.

Now my question is...  How do I pay for those?  There was nothing about billing, no invoice has shown up in my mailbox, no Microsoft people have shown up at my door wanting money.  So did I really buy new licenses, or was this some mirage?

And why is it ridiculously impossible to find any answers?  I can't call or even email anyone at Microsoft without purchasing a support agreement for hundreds of dollars, and I'm sure as heck not going to pay $400 so that I can ask them how to pay them another $199.

Thanks!

• Moved by Don Pattee Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:16 PM windows server (Moved from Windows HPC Server Deployment, Management, and Administration to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Monday, May 12, 2008 7:34 PM

Answers

All replies