Can't see timesheet totals in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We're running Project Server 2010 with SQL Server 2008.

One of our users is not able to see her timesheet totals in PWA.  The difference between her timesheet and EVERYONE else's, is that she has an extra grey row beneath the labels (Project Name etc..):

She's scrolled all the way down and you can just begin to make out where the Totals will show up but you can't scroll any more.  If you delete one task, you're then able to see the Totals, but if you add it back, it pushes the Totals down to where you can't see it.

As I mentioned before, the only difference I can see between her timesheet and everyone else's, is that extra grey row beneath titles.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

Andre

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:15 PM

Answers

•  

Andre,

Try restoring default settings of non-working system

You may need to compare IE advanced setting between working and non-working system.

I will also check this behavior at my end with IE 9

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Andre Janveaux Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:03 PM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:33 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

I matched all of the users IE settings (Security, Advanced etc..) to my own without success.  I then reset all of her security settings to default with no success.  I reset all of the advanced settings to default with no success.

My last option to try the "Reset" option where EVERYTHING in IE is reset to it's default, removing add-ons and toolbars, privacy settings, pop up settings etc...and that finally worked.  Not sure what was causing the problem, but it's gone now.

Thanks for your help!

Andre

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Andre,

I am unable to reproduce the issue with 100 tasks in the timesheet. It could be IE cache issue or system specific

Try deleting IE cache and also have the user try to reproduce this issue on different system

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:52 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Looks like you were right.  It's IE specific.  I had the user try on my machine and it worked fine.  I then had her try a different browser on her machine and it worked fine.  I got rid of the cache for IE but the problem remains.

She's using IE9, which I also use and most of the other users use.  I'm not sure what else I can try.

Any suggestions?

Andre

Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:24 PM
  •  

Andre,

Try restoring default settings of non-working system

You may need to compare IE advanced setting between working and non-working system.

I will also check this behavior at my end with IE 9

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:33 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

I matched all of the users IE settings (Security, Advanced etc..) to my own without success.  I then reset all of her security settings to default with no success.  I reset all of the advanced settings to default with no success.

My last option to try the "Reset" option where EVERYTHING in IE is reset to it's default, removing add-ons and toolbars, privacy settings, pop up settings etc...and that finally worked.  Not sure what was causing the problem, but it's gone now.

Thanks for your help!

Andre

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:03 PM
  • You are most welcome Andre. I think issue could be releated to add-ons and toolbars.

Have a great day.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:05 PM