Updating From Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional to 6.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, has anyone updated from Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional to 6.1 on a HTC Touch? If so, where did you obtain the update?

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 11:55 PM

Answers

• The announcement was just made that it is available so device makers now have to finish their "tweaking" and then they will post their ROM updates.  I would expect you will start to see them soon....but clearly it depends on each vendors timetable.  Some will be quick ... others not so quick.

Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:06 AM
  • Jack,

Thank you for the response. Greatly appreciated!

Thursday, April 3, 2008 12:23 PM

All replies

• The announcement was just made that it is available so device makers now have to finish their "tweaking" and then they will post their ROM updates.  I would expect you will start to see them soon....but clearly it depends on each vendors timetable.  Some will be quick ... others not so quick.

Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:06 AM
  • Jack,

Thank you for the response. Greatly appreciated!

Thursday, April 3, 2008 12:23 PM
  • i have the Alltel PPC6800 and have found NOTHING at all but dead ends on how or where to get the 6.1 update.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 4:09 PM
  • I was told today by a sprint agent that a new Touch will be launched tomorrow 7/13.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 3:07 PM
  • Dear All,

I am also interested in updating my mobile OS from Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional to 6.1. Kindly share your experience and the link to get the update of 6.1. FYI... I am using HTC TouchScreen Mobile with Stylus. Thanks a lot in advance.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:21 AM