user-specific e-mail-template RRS feed

• Question

• Since there is no e-mail signature feature I wanted to work around that by using e-mail templates. Is it possible to create a template for each user without the other ones seeing it? (There aren't too many users which will use their own signature-template but it would be rather annoying having to look for the right template instead of just seeing it right away.)

Will this feature be included in CRM 2011?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:06 PM

Answers

• Wouldn't you be better to use:

1. Exclaimer - which will automatically add signatures, disclaimers, branding and notices to all outbound email from your organisation's Exchange servers, or
    2. An e-mail template that merged information from the user record, rather than having 1 template per user. If you have 100 users and 100 user's email templates then goodness help you if you ever need to modify everyones' email template when the company changes name, address, telephone, etc.
    Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by boert03 Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:25 PM

All replies

• Wouldn't you be better to use:

1. Exclaimer - which will automatically add signatures, disclaimers, branding and notices to all outbound email from your organisation's Exchange servers, or
    2. An e-mail template that merged information from the user record, rather than having 1 template per user. If you have 100 users and 100 user's email templates then goodness help you if you ever need to modify everyones' email template when the company changes name, address, telephone, etc.
    Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by boert03 Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:25 PM
  • Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of using  dynamic values. Well, at least my question was answered very quickly, thanks Neil.
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:39 PM