Prevent a Locked currency field value from gettting updated by a Business rule RRS feed

• Question

• A client asked me for what I thought was an unusual request.

The client wants to store the value of the estimated revenue value in a field that will then lock and not change.

We can call that field Original Estimated Revenue.

I can use a simple business rule to set the value to what ever is entered into Estimated Revenue and lock the filed but that will not keep it from changing when  the estimated revenue is changed.   If I set the Original Estimated Revenue field to read only, the business rule will still replace the value when the Estimated revenue field changes.

The PM thought this would only take a few hours, but I'm playing with some logic in a business rule to reach this goal. Any Ideas are welcome. 

Curtis J Spanburgh

Friday, August 4, 2017 12:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Curtis,

Here is one possible solution, I am using the OOB opportunity entity and created a field call Estimated Revenue (type Currency) then I used a business rule to copy the value from Budget Amount (OOB) to the new field if the new field is empty. Once the Estimated Revenue field have a value, the business rule will not update it further. This seemed to work in my testing.

Hope this helps.

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

Friday, August 4, 2017 7:43 AM