Windows Home Server won't login to Windows Live RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to set up the custom domain for remote access but I cannot get WHS to login to Windows Live.

I can log in to Windows Live using IE8 on WHS;  I can log in to Windows live sites both on my PC and WHS.  It just doesn't work when trying to set up the custom domain from within the remote access setup.

The router is set up correctly; the credentials are correct; the Internet is working.

Hardware:  HP EX485 MediaSmart Server
    Software:  HP 2.5 software
    Windows:  Power Pack 2

Any suggestions?
    Friday, September 4, 2009 12:35 AM

All replies

• I am attempting to set up the custom domain for remote access but I cannot get WHS to login to Windows Live.

I can log in to Windows Live using IE8 on WHS;  I can log in to Windows live sites both on my PC and WHS.  It just doesn't work when trying to set up the custom domain from within the remote access setup.

The router is set up correctly; the credentials are correct; the Internet is working.

Hardware:  HP EX485 MediaSmart Server
    Software:  HP 2.5 software
    Windows:  Power Pack 2

Any suggestions?

What is the exact error message you get?  At what point do you get it?  Are you trying to set up the MS domain (homeserver.com) or the HP domain (which I think is hphomserver.com, but that might be incorrect)?
    Friday, September 4, 2009 3:32 AM