urgent please:Hard Drive causing OFFICE problems (licensing) on business trip RRS feed

• Question

• I've apparently got a sick hard drive, that has corrupted the MS OFFICE authentication.  I will fix the drive etc. when I return, but for this week, I urgently need a work around as I have numerous presentations scheduled this week and am out-of-country.  The installation is completely legal...bought from OfficeDepot a year or so ago. 
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 9:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Unfortunately, we cannot offer any suitable advice if you have a bad hard drive.
    Carey Frisch
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 9:44 PM
  • How would I get Office installed if, in the worst case, I had to purchase a new computer? 

I'm NOT asking for you to fix the hard drive.  I'm asking how to get OFFICE working again.

Monday, September 5, 2011 1:32 AM
  • You could download and install Office 2010 Trial.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:19 PM
    Monday, September 5, 2011 2:22 AM
  • Further investigation...it seems the hard drive is behaving OK, but the some MS Win7 system files are corrupted...so...how to repair system files when out of town and no access to discs?  (Have already tried system restore, etc...only restore files available were from AFTER the problem occurred...arghhh!)

Thanks.

Monday, September 5, 2011 2:22 AM
  • Great idea.  Thanks.  Is there a similar fix/trial that might fix any corrupted Win7 files?

Monday, September 5, 2011 2:27 AM
  • Monday, September 5, 2011 5:01 AM
  • Monday, September 5, 2011 5:02 AM
  • Thanks again.
    Monday, September 5, 2011 5:41 PM
  • Carey,

Have the leads sent the MVPs any info on the blocked key problem?  I was hoping they would send an alert that at least gave instructions to pass on to users in the forums.  I got a couple of those during my MVP days.  I know you got several over the years too.

Colin

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, September 5, 2011 6:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Colin -

I haven't heard a word from anyone!

Carey Frisch
    Monday, September 5, 2011 9:25 PM