Does importing customization file overwrite existing customizations or append? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a CRM Dev box where we have tested a bunch of new customizations.  If i export these from our dev box and import into our live system, will these overwrite what's in our live database or append to what is already customized there?  thanks!
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:31 PM

Answers

• Just to clarify - existing items in the live server will be overwritten/updated and the new components (items that exist in dev/source env but not in live) will be added.  Anything that exists in the live server but not in the source/dev environment will not be deleted.
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:51 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:57 PM
  • I take it you are working with CRM V4?  Once you import the customizations they will overwrite the existing customizations on the live server. 

-Brandon

• Proposed as answer by BSimons Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:33 AM

All replies

• I take it you are working with CRM V4?  Once you import the customizations they will overwrite the existing customizations on the live server. 

-Brandon

• Proposed as answer by BSimons Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:33 AM
  • Just to clarify - existing items in the live server will be overwritten/updated and the new components (items that exist in dev/source env but not in live) will be added.  Anything that exists in the live server but not in the source/dev environment will not be deleted.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:57 PM
  • This is important if you delete something in Test and export the customisations and import them into Prod the deletions will not happen in Prod, you will need to manually delete them in Prod as well.
    Aaron
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:45 PM