Adding resource files to a non VS created executable RRS feed

• Question

• What forum would I post this question?

I have a self extracting executable created by WinRAR, but I want to add a version resource to the executable.  I know that I can open it using VS and add it, but is there any way to do it all from the command line?  Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:03 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hello,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to the product or technology you are inquiring about?

Thanks!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 5:22 AM
  • I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition.  I know that I can add Version Resource info through the IDE, but I want to know if there is a way to add this information through the Visual Studio command line.  The tricky part is that the executable isn't made through Visual Studio, it is a self extracting exe made through WinRAR.  Thanks!
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:19 PM
  •  

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I would suggest you to post your query at (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vstsarch/threads/) in the forum (MSDN > Forums Home > Visual Studio Team System > Visual Studio Team System - Architecture & Design)

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Marked as answer by nellefsen Friday, December 19, 2008 4:11 PM
    Friday, December 19, 2008 5:33 AM