none
PRODUCT KEY RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I HAVE DOWNLOADED MS 2007 ABOUT 3-4 WEEKS AGO, I SAVED ALL MY ASSIGNMENTS IN THIS AREA, I GO TO OPEN IT UP AND NOW ITS SAYING "THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE THIS SELECTION HAS BEEN LOCKED. NOW I DONT HAVE A PRODUCT KEY AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THE PRODUCT KEY SO THAT I CAN ADD TO MY ASSIGNMENTS BUT I CAN'T. VERY FRUSTRATED ATM. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME I'VE TRIED LOOKING THROUGH THE HELP AREA, TO FIND A PRODUCT KEY BUT UNSUCCESSFUL. I DOWNLOADED THE MS 2007, I HAVE BEEN OPENING MY ASSIGNMENTS WITHOUT A PRODUCT KEY NUMBER, UNTIL TODAY? HARD TO GET GOOD HELP THESE DAYS. THANK YOU LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSE. AND I HAVE ALSO LOOK AT SOME OF THE FORUMS THAT IS SIMILAR TO MINE. CHEERS

Monday, April 11, 2011 7:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

first of all: This forum is not about licensing of products. And I am not sure, that the community can really help you. But maybe you find a technet forum for your MS Product where someone might help you. But try to give more details (what did you do exactly? Which Product? Which Version? Where did you download it? ...) and try to write more readable (Writing all in uppercase letters is hard to read!)

At the moment I cannot understand fully, what you did. You downloaded a MS product in Version 2007 (Maybe MS Office 2007?). And after installation, you now need to activate it which requires a Product Key. But you do not have any?

First of all: You should be very carefull about downlaoding software. In my eyes there are two important points:
    a) You needa license to use Microsoft Products that needs a product key. Using the Software without a license is forbidden! (Except trial periods and such stuff of course where Microsoft gives you permission to use it!)
    b) Trust of the source! I know that you can get Software on Warez loations but I would never ever use it. The people who offers you "free downloads" are also the people who run the big botnets and such stuff. I think there are easier ways to get rid of all my money than giving others access to my banking details :).

So the important points in my eyes are:
    a) Families can get very cheap Family Packs of Windows and Office.
    b) if you do not even want to spend that money, then just take some free solutions (Linux, OpenOffice, ...)
    There is no reason at all to use unlicensed software! (And your posting simply sounds like that!)

If i missunderstood you, then please give us more details. Then we might help you (e.g. If you have a MSDN subscription and you need to find the license code, then we could point you to teh correct location).

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, April 11, 2011 8:52 AM
    Answerer