CRM 2011 security role issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Wish you happy MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL Of you.

Coming to my query, I have created a business unit 'A'. Under this business unit I have created four business units named as 'A1', 'A2'. 'A3' and 'A4'. Please note that no more child business unit under any of these business units ( A1, A2, A3 and A4). I have one security role named as ' Access to Activities '. In this security role I have given the " Parent : Child business unit " access level on ' Read '  privilege for ' Activity ' entity.

I have one user named as ' X ' created under the business unit ' A1 ' and assigned the security role ' Access to Activities '

Now as per the security role this user ' X ' can able to see the Activities of ' A1 ' business unit and it's child business units ( if there) only  . Right? But here user 'X ' is able to see Activities of ' A2' , ' A3 ' and ' A4' business units also. I am not at all understanding why it is happend? Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

CRMNoviceUser

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:47 PM

All replies

• looks like it is having BU level rights in Security Role.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by DynamicsCRM31 Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:17 AM
    Wednesday, December 25, 2013 10:40 AM
  • Thanks for responding.

But I ddin't get your answer. Please explain. 

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Hi,

Please check apart from "Access to Activities" any other security role has been assigned to the 'X' User. 

If its so it will take the maximum privilege.

Regards,

Prabhu G

Thursday, December 26, 2013 5:07 AM
  • Yeah Prabhu. I have assigned one more security role to the user. But in that security role there is no privilege for Activity entity. It is none privelege.
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 8:16 AM