Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess error RRS feed

• Question

• i am getting this error when try to to build a web application in visual studio 2008. My machine is windows 7 x64  

"Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.112.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.                C:\Users\xxx.vdi\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\WebSite1\Web.Config "   

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:16 PM Moving to more appropriate forum
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Friday, August 16, 2013 7:39 AM
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Since you are working with ASP.NET Web Application, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for better solution and support.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by sametdik Friday, August 16, 2013 1:10 PM
    Friday, August 16, 2013 7:38 AM

All replies

• the application is 64-bit and i was try to built it with a 64 bit OS and 64 bit version of oracle. so is it necessary to enable 32 bit application on IIS ?
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:31 PM
  • i would try it at least
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:35 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Since you are working with ASP.NET Web Application, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for better solution and support.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by sametdik Friday, August 16, 2013 1:10 PM
    Friday, August 16, 2013 7:38 AM
  • thanks for your answer 

Friday, August 16, 2013 1:11 PM