Workflow Scheduling in CRM Online RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using CRM Online

I've created a workflow.

It works Ad-hoc so I know that's fine.

I'm trying to create a schedule which according to one previously set up by an uncontactable 3rd party, looks the same.

The workflow scheduler and the schedule to combine the workflow and the workflow scheduler together is

The problem is that it's not running on the schedule.

Have I missed a step or a connection somewhere between the workflow and the schedule? Something else I have to do to get this up and running. As I said, Ad-Hoc processing works fine.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:51 AM

All replies

• If the scheduler is something running outside of CRM, then it needs to reference this workflow.  It could reference it either by the name of the workflow or by GUID.

If you have reused the exact same name, then the scheduler is attempting to find it by GUID.  This probably isn't the best solution because every time you recreate the workflow, the GUID will be different.

I have had to start a workflow from a plugin and in that case I found the workflow by name so that as we deployed the solution downstream to test and production environments, the plugin could still find the workflow and run it.

If this is the case you are experiencing, you will need to have someone update the code for the service.

Jason Peterson

Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:52 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for the answer and your time. I appreciate that.

Everything is configured within CRM, however, I'm going to check with our Infrastructure team as to whether the email/workflow processing is turned on in our Development environment first, as it could be that.

I have renamed the workflow so now it's:

Workflow - Follow-up Task

Workflow schedule - Follow-up Task WFS

Workflow scheduler - Follow-up Task WFSr

However, that's not working either.

Thanks again,

Peter

Friday, May 23, 2014 3:09 AM