none
Top Answerers isn't working? RRS feed

• General discussion

• It doesn't seem like the top answerers function is working in the Expression Web forums? It hasn't changed for days and the user listed as the top answerer hasn't responded to as many as other users in that forum.
    Saturday, February 23, 2008 5:47 AM

All replies

• Anna,

I just took a look at the Expression Web Forum and I only see one thread that is answered and the answer for that thread was by PseudoGeek which matches the only top answerer displayed. Could you provide more specifics on what you think you should be seeing?

Thanks!

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:15 AM
  • Oh, I understand now...only the authors of posts that have been flagged by someone as the right answer are considered Top Answerers. I was thinking that someone who replies to a post is considered an answerer...but I suppose the current system is better, quality, not quantity! :)
    Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:23 AM
  • people are posting thread and reply, then marking their own reply as the answer.

I just did it in the sandbox. Seems a little unfair.

Could we post a bulletin/ announcement at the top of each forum telling users that they should mark the person's reply with the answer to their question as "answer"?

I think some newbies don't know why it is nice to do, and some just don't quite know how.

Just a suggestion.

If you like it please mark as answer... J/K
    Perry
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:21 AM
  • Perry Moses said:

people are posting thread and reply, then marking their own reply as the answer.

Could we post a bulletin/ announcement at the top of each forum telling users that they should mark the person's reply with the answer to their question as "answer"?

I think some newbies don't know why it is nice to do, and some just don't quite know how.

Just a suggestion.

Perry

Perry--

The sandbox is for those that want to test out forums and not have it display in an actual product forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pass this on to the product planners of the forums site. Maybe we can post a best practice.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Sustained Engineering Team
    Saturday, April 5, 2008 8:18 PM
  • Alicia Cales said:

Perry Moses said:

people are posting thread and reply, then marking their own reply as the answer.

Just a suggestion.

Perry

Perry--

The sandbox is for those that want to test out forums and not have it display in an actual product forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pass this on to the product planners of the forums site. Maybe we can post a best practice.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Sustained Engineering Team

Thank you Alicia,
    I know what the sandbox is for. That is why I tested the situation there.

The answering of my own thread that I did in the sandbox can be done in the other forums too.
    I just chose not to do it in a real forum, because that would be cheating the top answerers.

Perry
    Sunday, April 6, 2008 3:33 AM