Retreiving data from share point and display in crm using crm web services RRS feed

• Question

• Hai all,

I want to fetch the data from the Share point and display in the html page which is in crm 2011. I know this is nothing but integrating share point with crm. I'm new to this and I dont know how to do.

Could any one suggest me how this can be acheived?

As the html page is in CRM, I've to use the crm web services to connect to the share point and fetch the data accordingly and then display that back in CRM.

A small tutorial or any thing which is related is welcomed.

(CRM is already integrated with the share point)

Thanks in advance

Monday, August 12, 2013 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This isn't going to be a simple task! Rather than have the client call SharePoint (which can lead to cross domain scripting issues, you'll need to create a server side plugin that intercepts a normal CRM query and turns it into a SharePoint query.

What you'll need to do is:

1. Create a custom entity that has the same schema as the data you want to retrieve from SharePoint

2. Create an HTML Webresource that uses the SOAP and REST endpoint that performs the retrieve multiple passing the required parameters in the fetchxml query or the REST query. At this point you can test the solution without there being any SharePoint integration just by adding some records to CRM.

3. Create a Plugin that is registered on Post Operation Retrieve Multiple of the custom entity (similar to the technique I describe here - https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/develop1/archive/2013/01/05/multi-language-lookups.aspx)

4. In the plugin, use the SharePoint webservices to get the data you want and add as entities to the OutputParameters 'BusinessEntityCollection'. Extract the parameters from the input query

You might consider making a custom facade web service that calls SharePoint and simplifies getting the data from SharePoint for the CRM plugin.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 12, 2013 8:13 AM
    Answerer