Need Training Advice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm looking to get SQL certified. Is there any point in doing the MCSA: SQL Server 2012/14 one or should I just start with MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration?

Friday, September 1, 2017 3:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

It's always the best to start certification with the newest SQL Server version, even if you use an older version in your company; the certification for a product is only valid as long as the product version is supported; means a certification for SQL Server 2016 MCSA will least longer then one for 2012.

See also: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/sql-certification.aspx

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, September 1, 2017 5:05 PM
  • Hello,

I´ve done 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases and now I´m waiting for 70-765 Provisioning SQL Databases, which is the upgrade to 2016. There is as far as I´ve seen/found not yet any books available for 2016. So I think I´m going to buy a SQL 2014 book.

Hope this helps.

kind regards

Marco

Friday, September 1, 2017 5:19 PM
  • Hi kuba76,

As the question is more related to Microsoft certification, I’m moving this to Training and Certification forum for better response.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 4, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

There are some nice SQL 2016 video´s on LinkedIn. For example SQL Server 2016: Administer a Database Infrastructure.

I have not yet watched these myselve but will do.

kind regards

Marco

Monday, September 4, 2017 9:22 AM