Customization files exported from previous versions Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add a custom button to the Ribbon on the Contact record in CRM 2011.  I created a solution with contact, exported it, edited the XML as necessary (double-checked it for syntax errors), try to reimport the solution back to the same exact instance from where I exported it to begin with, and I receive this error:

I am on the latest rollup (Rollup 6) so I don't see that being an issue.  Does anyone have any idea why I would receive this error if I'm exporting, editing, and simply re-importing back into the original environment?  Thanks

Thursday, March 1, 2012 5:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure when you're re-zipping the solution that those files are in the root of the zip folder, as in you didn't just zip the folder. You would need to zip it from within the extracted folder (select all the solution files and then zip).

-Paul

• Marked as answer by wikky2007 Friday, March 2, 2012 12:08 PM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

make sure you are importing a valid solution into crm, try to extract your solution zip (that you are importing in crm) and see it contains all these elements or not.

Mahain : Check My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, March 1, 2012 6:52 AM
  • It certainly does:

Thursday, March 1, 2012 1:46 PM
  • Hi,

Make sure when you're re-zipping the solution that those files are in the root of the zip folder, as in you didn't just zip the folder. You would need to zip it from within the extracted folder (select all the solution files and then zip).

-Paul

• Marked as answer by wikky2007 Friday, March 2, 2012 12:08 PM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 11:44 AM
  • PaulCRMNZ was correct.  Stupid mistake on my part.  Thanks!
    Friday, March 2, 2012 6:28 PM