Import solution error on CRM online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am trying to import a solution into CRM online. The source organization is a CRM 2016 on-prem upgraded from a 2011 instance in two steps. I keep getting the following error during import: The following components are missing in your system and are not included in the solution. The strange part is that the referenced custom entity and its relationships are already in the solution, I checked it multiple times. Any ideas what I am missing?

Regards,

Adam

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It turned out I did not add all the components of the entity to the solution, so it was interpreted as an update package to an existing entity by the CRM, which did not exist in the target system. I recommend everyone to read the documentation carefully before experimenting with adding individual components with the new feature introduced in 2016. 

• Marked as answer by Adam Borsik Monday, April 11, 2016 1:21 PM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Adam,

I suggest you to get in touch with Microsoft Support. I'm afraid this is the only option I have in mind.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog
    Subscribe for one of my courses

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 12:46 PM
  • Hi,

It turned out I did not add all the components of the entity to the solution, so it was interpreted as an update package to an existing entity by the CRM, which did not exist in the target system. I recommend everyone to read the documentation carefully before experimenting with adding individual components with the new feature introduced in 2016. 

• Marked as answer by Adam Borsik Monday, April 11, 2016 1:21 PM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 1:21 PM