none
Insulting behavior

Question

• I asked this question hoping to exchange ideas and initiate some thoughts. Instead the user started to reply me with irrelevant info and when I pointed it out, I got insulted. I am not asking questions here to get insulted like this.

Please take notice. I think it's the second time the user answers with no intention to actually help and in insulting manner.

Thanks.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:59 AM

Answers

• I have escalated this (in the moderator forum) and removed the flag as all the flag does is serve to alert moderators such as myself to a issue.

Also I have set an alert to that post to monitor replies that may be insulting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:17 PM
  • Delete this post if it is inappropriate, but...

It looks the insulting behaviour finally caught up with him...

This one too....

Don't forget to vote for Helpful Posts and Mark Answers!
    *This post does not reflect the opinion of Microsoft, or its employees.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:38 PM

All replies

• Hello Naomi,

Before seeing this post I noticed that the question in C# forum Anonymous class as method's parameter? had an abuse flag set. I removed darnold924 post then yours (as it would make no sense to keep it w/o his post). I agree with you in that darnold924 should had not posted as he did. If this happens again I will indicate to him this is inappropriate behavior.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:41 PM
  • I agree with you in that darnold924 should had not posted as he did. If this happens again I will indicate to him this is inappropriate behavior.

Looks like you'll get that chance:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/bde17dd7-4c2f-4d0a-8998-08685deab37c/anonymous-class-as-methods-parameter?forum=csharpgeneral#862f4873-0e22-460d-83b6-6cfcd696a1d0

Whoever that is seems to think that having a high point count makes you an expert in every single technology...

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:57 PM
  • I marked that last post as abusive again. Let's not delete this abusive post but deal with this user in other way. He insulted me in the same manner in another thread where again he was not of much help.

I also please ask for real help in the question. It is a complex problem (I think it is) and I can provide all additional details as needed.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:40 PM
  • I marked that last post as abusive again. Let's not delete this abusive post but deal with this user in other way. He insulted me in the same manner in another thread where again he was not of much help.

I also please ask for real help in the question. It is a complex problem (I think it is) and I can provide all additional details as needed.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Before seeing this reply I had removed that reply. Here is the deal, from my standpoint there really is nothing that can be done other than replying back to that reply and tell them it is not appropriate. Moderators (like me) have no power to do anything past writing a thread in the moderator forum that someone is not playing nicely, being insulting. Other sites can do infractions but not here.

I will write this up in the moderator forum but as mentioned above more likely than not nothing can be done.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:47 PM
  • May be this needs to be escalated to fissues and if that behavior is going to be continued, the user may be banned. I actually think he may be (not sure, though) one of the other users in C# forum that always insult. I remember a user from Israel who was always insulted by somebody. I think that particular user was banned, but he kept creating new aliases. It very well may be the same person or somebody very similar to that one.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:54 PM
  • I have escalated this (in the moderator forum) and removed the flag as all the flag does is serve to alert moderators such as myself to a issue.

Also I have set an alert to that post to monitor replies that may be insulting.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:17 PM
  • May be this needs to be escalated to fissues and if that behavior is going to be continued, the user may be banned. I actually think he may be (not sure, though) one of the other users in C# forum that always insult. I remember a user from Israel who was always insulted by somebody. I think that particular user was banned, but he kept creating new aliases. It very well may be the same person or somebody very similar to that one.

I think you're talking about the troll that was chasing after Eyal Shilony. That troll has been plaguing the PowerShell forum for a while instead of bothering the C# folks. This is the current profile, it's had somewhere around 6 - 10 of them banned in recent memory:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/__ritehere/?ws=usercard-mini

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:22 PM
  • Yes, I was thinking about this one user from Brazil. Somehow the tone of this user reminded me of him.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:35 PM
  • May be next time. Also, I didn't save his replies and they are already deleted.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, August 8, 2014 1:28 AM
  • May be next time. Also, I didn't save his replies and they are already deleted.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Hello,

When a post is deleted it is still there, any moderator can see them so if you wanted to report this as Prune Master suggested no screenshot is needed and if others can not see them I can un-delete them.

Friday, August 8, 2014 10:16 AM

This one too....

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:38 PM

This one too....

I noticed their activity has been wiped along with their bio. I wonder if they are still permitted to post in the future or is this a ban on posting for x amount of time.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:54 PM
  • I noticed their activity has been wiped along with their bio. I wonder if they are still permitted to post in the future or is this a ban on posting for x amount of time.

I'm guessing that this is permanent. I don't think I've ever seen a temporary ban during my time here.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,225+ strong and growing)

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:02 PM
  • I noticed their activity has been wiped along with their bio. I wonder if they are still permitted to post in the future or is this a ban on posting for x amount of time.

I'm guessing that this is permanent. I don't think I've ever seen a temporary ban during my time here.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,225+ strong and growing)

Thanks for the clarification.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:04 PM