none
Windows10 won't sleep because of a driver (Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio: which doesn't have a power management tab) RRS feed

• Question

• I posted this question on the answers.microsoft.com forum here  but a microsft employee ask me to move it here on social.technet.microsoft.com I don't find the right place to post it (no category windows 10 settings or such on the microsfot forum..). Don't hesitate to move it in the right category.

______the question

Windows 10 doesn't go to sleep while playing a sound. (It was working before, for some reason it doesnt anymore)

powercfg -requests shows:

DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1013&DEV_4213&SUBSYS_10280555&REV_1001\4&35708bf5&0&0001)
    An audio stream is currently in use.
    [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

AWAYMODE:
    None.

See in the screenshot: there is no power management tab (as in network adapter) to uncheck the "allow to wake up on sleep".

Any idea how I could fix this so the sleep mode could automatically shut down this driver?

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:00 PM Looking for the correct forum
    • Edited by john_lidop Friday, October 6, 2017 9:31 AM
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:58 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:00 PM
  • well, before I posted it here, I posted it here on the Microsoft Community forum. But a guy from Microsoft  asked me to post on the social.technet.microsoft.com (but there is no category "windows" on the microsoft forum...)

Friday, October 6, 2017 9:10 AM
  •   (but there is no category "windows" on the microsoft forum...)

Then I'd try over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, October 6, 2017 12:00 PM
  • Thanks Dave for the link
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:00 PM
  • You're welcome.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:02 PM