Polycom CX700 - Not logging calls or voicemails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Am having a small problem with the Polycom CX700 in my lab environment - it is not recording anything in the call log or doesn't notify me when there has been a voicemail left.

It is talking to the Exchange 2007 server as i can dial voicemail & listen to messages or missed calls but there is no notification on the screen that there has been anything left. The call log has nothing in it - no dialled calls, received, forwarded etc

I have the same user logged into Office Communicator on a laptop & it registers missed calls/voicemail.

Can anyone help on this??

Thanks in advance

Russell
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:05 PM

Answers

• Russel,

We're getting our certificates from here:

http://www.digicert.com/unified-communications-ssl-tls.htm

On the bottom you will see several links that explain pretty clear how it works and what to do. I tryed for a while to make it work with certificates from our local CA and finaly decided that does not worth the time since I have a lot of users using Exchange from outside out LAN via web, Outlook, mobile devices etc.

700 bucks will buy you a peace of mind for three years 

I'm not advocating for this web site - read, understand and then pick the best Certificate Issuer... If you're still testing in lab enviroment, just use the concept and apply your localy issued certificate.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:50 PM

All replies

•  

In order CX700 to retrieve Missed Calls and Voice mail notification you must:

1. Have DNS record for autodiscover.your_domain pointing to your Exchange Server

2. Your Exchange Certificate must have SAN for autodiscover.your_domain

Drago

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:28 PM
  • Thanks for idea Drago....but tried it and it didn't work.

I take it the SAN is entered in as "sanBig Smilens=autodiscover.my_domain"??

Russ
    Friday, September 26, 2008 9:03 AM
  •  

Here how it goes...

Certificate Common Name:

ex01.yourdomain.com

Subject Alternative Names:

ex01

ex01.yourdomain.com
    autodiscover.yourdomain.com

Where:

ex01.yourdomain.com is FQDN of your exchange server

Microsoft recommends including your Exchange server's NetBIOS name, its FQDN, and autodiscover.yourdomain.com.

Monday, October 6, 2008 9:55 PM
  • Excuse my lack of knowledge with certificates Dragot but this Exchange certificate......should it be installed in the Trusted Root Certs folder, the personal folder or in the IIS service of the echange server??

Russell

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 11:17 AM
  • Russel,

We're getting our certificates from here:

http://www.digicert.com/unified-communications-ssl-tls.htm

On the bottom you will see several links that explain pretty clear how it works and what to do. I tryed for a while to make it work with certificates from our local CA and finaly decided that does not worth the time since I have a lot of users using Exchange from outside out LAN via web, Outlook, mobile devices etc.

700 bucks will buy you a peace of mind for three years 

I'm not advocating for this web site - read, understand and then pick the best Certificate Issuer... If you're still testing in lab enviroment, just use the concept and apply your localy issued certificate.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:50 PM
  • Cheers,

Am now working on live system & cannot use local certs - so that is great to know.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:18 AM