CRM 4 split Server role installation error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to setup a CRM 4 environment where the Server roles will be split amongst multiple servers:

CRM1 - AppServer, HelpServer, SDKServer

CRM2 - Async, SDKServer, DiscoveryService

CRM3 - DeploymentService

CRMSQL - 2005 SQL Server

I'm using the SetupServer.exe command line method to install these servers.  The only issue I get in the logs is "Warning| Check ServiceAccountsValidator : Warning: Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account.".  I am using a domain user account for the CRMServiceAccount setting (CRM App pool & SQL Services).  The rest of the installs run smoothly.

However, at the end of everything, the installation has not created the default Organization (i.e. no <Organization>_MSCRM database).  I can create it in the Deployment Manager, but can't log into the default site.

Anyone run into this issue before, or successfully setup a multi-tenant system with the roles split out amongst multiple servers?

As a side note - I can use the GUI to install both Server role groups on one server, and everything works just fine.  However, this would lead to issues Deploying new sites (see pg 6 of the Service Provider Planning guide).

Thanks,

Jerry

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 10:07 PM

Answers