none
my avatar is still aping me RRS feed

• Question

• i know this is not the forum to ask but i looked through the list of forums and i didn't find one called "MSDN Profile issues" so I'll just ask the next one beside me.

I changed my profile avatar (Picture) eight hours ago, and again only ten minutes ago and its still the same old orangutang or ape or whatever I had last year.  i remember the last time I changed it it took all of two minutes for the change to appear but this time my ape just ain't going away.  the profile setting page shows the new pic but the other pages don't.  i pressed the save button.  am I missing a label?

my code is perfect until i don't find a bug
    • Moved by Chris Vega Friday, November 5, 2010 1:02 PM Not a C# question (From:Visual C# General)
    Friday, November 5, 2010 12:41 PM

Answers

• Your avatar isn't an ape when I look at it. So this might be a process where the server cache just took a while. Or you may want to look at it in another browser to ensure it isn't a client cache or something.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Christ Kennedy Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:36 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 5:00 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Maybe the Forums team can help you solve your problem. Good luck.

- chris

Mark the best replies as Answers! | Blog: http://devpinoy.org/blogs/cvega
    Friday, November 5, 2010 1:03 PM
  • This reminds me of a file copy situation. Answered a call one day to a person trying to do a bulk move of versioned controlled files. I remote on to their machine and ran a very carefully contructed console command to do the job.

"IT'S NOT DOING ANYTHING, WHY IS IT NOT DOING ANYTHING!!!" came this whining cry down the phone.

"give it a minute" I said....

.... and a minute later it was done.

…we each have more potential than we might ever presume to guess. (Blog: http://dsmyth.blogspot.com/)
    Friday, November 5, 2010 1:06 PM
  • Your avatar isn't an ape when I look at it. So this might be a process where the server cache just took a while. Or you may want to look at it in another browser to ensure it isn't a client cache or something.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Christ Kennedy Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:36 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 5:00 PM
    Answerer
  • alright. no ape no more. thanks for your help, if it was required or not is another matter. but in my defense i have to state that i did wait 8 hours before making this post.
    my code is perfect until i don't find a bug
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:36 AM