Webservice sync limitations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I've created a vb.net app based on the n-tier design where my webservice is located on a Windows 2003 server running IIS6.  My SQL Server database is on another server running Windows 200 Server and my client is Windows XP.    I'm sync'ing about 20 tables with 1 of them containing approximately 200,000-300,000 records.  My problem is everything works perfect except on that one large table unless I delete out some of the records.  This particular table is setup as "SyncDirection.DownloadOnly" as it has monthly sales figures.  When I attempt to sync that table and not limit the records my client app gives me a timeout error.  If I increase the timeout within the web service proxy on the client, I then get an error on the client which states "underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."  When I look at the error log on the server hosting the webservice (httperr1.log), it contains the error "Connection _Dropped DefaultAppPool".

Does anyone have any ideas?  There seems to be a limitation on how much data can be pulled down to sync on any one table via the webservice.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:57 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

This issue is addressed through batching which is coming up in future CTP. Stay tuned.

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:24 AM
  • Thanks Rafik!
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:47 AM

All replies

• with all those tables, how big the database would be ?

can you also try to set the timeout, max request etc on the web server machine, inthe machine config files to see if this solved your problem. here is what I used:

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="180" maxRequestLength="65536" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false" minFreeThreads="8" minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4" appRequestQueueLimit="100" enableVersionHeader="true"/>

thanks

Yunwen

Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:42 PM
  • Yunwen,

Thanks for your reply.  I've tried this within the web.config file for the web service... no luck.  I also increased the values for the "executionTimout" and maxRequestLength" as well.  If I were to create a CSV with the contents from server table which I would like to sync, it comes to about 37MB (182,847 rows).  The total Client database when fully populated would come to approximately 200MB.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:54 PM

• Hi there,

This issue is addressed through batching which is coming up in future CTP. Stay tuned.

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:24 AM
  • Thanks Rafik!
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:47 AM
  • A few years back I ran into an application where I needed to create an initial database that was quite large and then have it sync to do regular updates.  I managed to accomplish this with a work around as follows:

1. Create the first intial data load on an Ethernet Network

2.  Sync up via internet after the intial load.

This allowed me to have 2 situations where I could get all the data loaded and then the field sales reps could just update from that point forward.  The database was somewhere around 100mb and it worked out very well for my client.

Dennis

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

Is it known when this update is coming out?

Thanks,

Aleksey

Monday, April 30, 2007 11:00 PM