IM Conferencing is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Can someone please help me with the following. It's driving me mad.
    We have a standard OCS 2007 server setup.
    Everything works fine except for IM Conferencing. Two way conferencing is fine.
    I get the following error in the OCS Logging tool:-
    "Mcu https://server.domain:444/LiveServer/IMMCU/ does not exist for conference"
    I've checked all of the certificate chain and they are all set to "Enable for all purposes" all the way up the chain.
    Where does LiveServer exist? I can't see anything in IIS for this. Should there be?
    Thanks for your help.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:55 AM

All replies

• Does the URL you referenced match the FQDN of your OCS Web Components or Standard Edition server name?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:32 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for replying.

Yes the FQDN's do match. (I just removed it for the post)

However I still can't find wher the Liveserver url exists, it doesn't seem to be in IIS

Friday, September 19, 2008 7:17 AM
  • You won't see that in IIS because OCS is listening directly on port 444.  Can you run a validation on your front end and post any errors?  Make sure to check the box to validate an IM conference.

Friday, September 19, 2008 1:06 PM
  • Ran the validation and got the following error in the IM Conferencing section :-

Error: Failed to create collaboration end points. Please check for network, DNS, and AD errors in event log, and ensure users specified for conference validation have been enabled for conference. Error message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index.

Check the event logs and there are no errors.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, September 22, 2008 12:51 PM
  • That's a very unusual error.  I would first ensure that nothing is using TCP port 444 by examining the output of netstat -an.  However, I'm not confident that is the problem based on the error description.  If that doesn't turn anything up I would add another server to the pool (or install a second Standard Edition server) to see if the same problem manifests itself on that system.  If not you can easily move users to the new system either permanently or temporarily if you want to rebuild the original server.

Monday, September 22, 2008 2:59 PM
  •  

Thanks Mike. That's a good idea. I'll give that a try I think.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:50 AM