none
Forum broken unless Fiddler is enabled

General discussion

• For unknown reason, starting from this week, when visiting MSDN forum from my company's computer at work, the forum is broken. (When using developer toolbar to trace the problem, it doesn't throw error for unable to load the jquery javascript file, but then breaks at any place that uses $(document) with error that $ is unknown element. And at the "watch" panel it don't know anything about the jQuery object either.

Then when I started Fiddler to trace some issue, and I found that no matter I set it to use system proxy or no proxy, the MSDN forum now works again. As soon as I stop capturing it, the forum fails.

While I think it could be problem on the not-so-transparent "transparent proxy", any idea on what else that can fail? (Since I'm new in my current company, I don't think I'll ask the system admins what's going on for now)

Btw, I found it interesting that all JS includes are now prefixed with https. Would something just using // better? (This format AFAIK works since IE6 and is defined on RFC 3986)

Friday, October 17, 2014 9:33 AM

All replies