Memory Leaks in Internet Explorer - Where are we at now? RRS feed

• Question

• We've been experiencing memory leaks in IE. When records are opened and closed, not all the memory usage is released. Thus after hundreds of records being created, the browser crashes. Supposedly Rollup 5 had a fix for this type of issue. It didn't measurably improve the issue. I read that Rollup 6 also has a fix for memory leak problems in IE. We have not applied this yet. What is the current consensus? Did Rollup 5 fix memory leak issues for most users? Does the presence of the additional fix in Rollup 6 indicate that the one in Rollup 5 did not really address the issue, or is it a different issue? Has anyone seen this problem get fixed by Rollup 6 whereas it didn't with Rollup 5? Or could there be a different cause, specific to us, for this issue and most people are now no longer experiencing this problem?
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:29 PM

All replies

• I was still seeing a high prevalence of such issues, albeit sporadic and indeterminate with RU5 - mostly in our development environment, where I can have open (open and closed repeatedly within the one IE process) many different CRM Orgs at any one time.

Both our dev and hosted production environments are now on RU6 - while it doesn't appear to have been as obvious thus far, it is still too soon to tell as we only applied the updates over the weekend.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:02 PM
  • I was still seeing a high prevalence of such issues, albeit sporadic and indeterminate with RU5 - mostly in our development environment, where I can have open (open and closed repeatedly within the one IE process) many different CRM Orgs at any one time.

Both our dev and hosted production environments are now on RU6 - while it doesn't appear to have been as obvious thus far, it is still too soon to tell as we only applied the updates over the weekend.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

Thanks, please keep us updated on how things are looking after having run RU6 for a while.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:13 PM
  • Hi CRMUser456,

Yes, UR6 has some fixes for IE memory leaks too.  What IE version are you using?  When you open records, are you also opening Lookup dialogs?

-Divya

• Proposed as answer by Divya_Gupta Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:32 AM
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:31 AM