Windows 7 Professional (x64) hangs and Event ID's 7011 RRS feed

• Question

• At random intervals usually around 2 days Windows 7 will stop responding.  Applications I am using typically stay running but I cannot start any new applications including any Explorer windows, Task Manager, or anything.  The system will not even shut down and reboot without me hitting the reset button.  It also generates multiple Event ID's 7011 (A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.) in the "System" event log.  I've also noticed the following services stopped and started oddly before the hang:

Windows Error Reporting Service

Application Experience Service

WMI Performance Adapter Service

I have troubleshoot every hard drives, they're fine, my RAM has scanned as good by a 48 hour RAM test, my computer is not overclocked and not overheating.  I've gone so far as to change the motherboard out and I'm still having this problem.  I've done a fresh re-install a couple times now.  My power settings are set to never turn anything off.  BIOS is updated to the latest version.  I am simply at my wits end with this one.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:24 AM

Answers