Custom Web Application inside Dynamics CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..

I have a custom web application which has to be incorporated into Dynamics CRM 4.0. This web application uses Third party controls (with ajax functionality).
    Initially I thought if i can create a webapplication inside the ISV/OrgName folder, that would be sufficient.

When i created a web application, I am getting 401 error saying that user is not authorized.

I have researched on web and cleared the httpModules inside webconfig to over come this problem...

Now i am getting an error when calling "ExtractCrmAuthenticationToken" -> Security Exception: Cannot find UserID of Context.

I wanted to know  is it possible to have a webapplication inside Dynamics CRM 4.0 which can get values from IFrame of Dynamics CRM 4.0 (in IFD Environment).

P.S. If I remove the WebApplication and just make that folder as Virtual Directory and put the binaries in CRMWeb/bin folder, the application works...

Srinivas
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:11 PM

Answers

•  If the CRM Installation is IFD, the folder under ISV/OrgName cannot be a Application Folder.
    The only way you add custom Web application  to the IFD Installation would be 
    1. adding pages to the ISV/OrgName Folder
    2. Binarries to CRMWeb/Bin Folder.

• Marked as answer by sgundeti Monday, May 4, 2009 2:40 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:56 PM