locked
CRM 2011 Workflows not working even after restart and sync RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am not sure, but since 2 days ago our workflows have stopped working. We restarted CRM and also did the restart of asynchronous. The workflows still don't start.

    I tried running my 1 workflow manually and that didnt work either. I even looked behind the scenes to see if I can just resume the workflows, but they are not even showing up in there. What do you think the issue can be. I feel like we tried everything. 

    Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

    Friday, May 20, 2016 2:26 PM

Answers

  • So when you restart the async service in services, does it stop again?  Or does it show it is running?  My guess is it stops.

    Check the login for the account running the async service to make sure the password hasn't expired.  Or that it hasn't been removed as a local admin on the machine (it needs at least performance monitor users I believe).  If the password expired, you will need to reset it and then change the password for the logon account in the async service.

    Open the deployment manager, click on servers and make sure that you see full server for the CRM server if everything is on one box.  I had a strange case where the customer stood his ground and said that it was a full server and there were no changes, but when looking at the deployment manager, he only had the front end installed.  No back end means no system jobs run.  My guess on that one is that someone restored an old backup and didn't claim responsibility for the task.

    Check the event logs on the CRM server to see what they indicate.  You may also want to run a platform trace if your not getting anything from the event logs.


    Jason Peterson

    • Marked as answer by Wsilage1 Monday, May 23, 2016 11:46 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2016 10:08 PM

All replies

  • So when you restart the async service in services, does it stop again?  Or does it show it is running?  My guess is it stops.

    Check the login for the account running the async service to make sure the password hasn't expired.  Or that it hasn't been removed as a local admin on the machine (it needs at least performance monitor users I believe).  If the password expired, you will need to reset it and then change the password for the logon account in the async service.

    Open the deployment manager, click on servers and make sure that you see full server for the CRM server if everything is on one box.  I had a strange case where the customer stood his ground and said that it was a full server and there were no changes, but when looking at the deployment manager, he only had the front end installed.  No back end means no system jobs run.  My guess on that one is that someone restored an old backup and didn't claim responsibility for the task.

    Check the event logs on the CRM server to see what they indicate.  You may also want to run a platform trace if your not getting anything from the event logs.


    Jason Peterson

    • Marked as answer by Wsilage1 Monday, May 23, 2016 11:46 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2016 10:08 PM
  • Thanks you Jason!
    Monday, May 23, 2016 11:46 AM