none
No Network Bridge causing hassle, but there has to be a solution...some Networking issues :-( RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so i'm not a computer novice, and i've googled up the wazoo trying to figure this out, but i can't get it, so i implore you wonderful people for help! :-)

Here's the situation.I rent a room in a townhouse, and the house has network wiring from my room to his closet into a router (i have zero access to this). Connecting my PC to the wall, i can get an IP, 192.168.0.x. I have tried every combination i know to get that connection from the wall into a switch (router w/ DHCP turned off), but it just doesn't work.

I used to get around this by creating a Network Bridge in Vista, and connecting the Switch/Router via the 2nd NIC, and that worked like a charm. However, i've since upgraded to WHS & of course, that does NOT have Network Bridging.

Anyone have any clue what i can do that i haven't already tried? :-/thx in advance
    Friday, February 8, 2008 5:53 PM

All replies

• You could try turning DHCP and NAT back on in your router. When you create a network bridge in Vista, you're effectively turning your PC into a router. It then uses NAT and DHCP to assign IP addresses and route traffic as needed.
    Friday, February 8, 2008 8:59 PM